Once again I present my digest of articles by Amir Taheri.
- Between State and Revolution, Wall Street Journal, Feb. 2, 2007 – A primer on the political history of Iran since the Iranian revolution in 1979.
- Gen. Petraeus’ Real Problem: The True Threat is Back in Washington, New York Post, Feb. 9, 2007
- Iran: U.S. Has Many Options, Arab News, Feb. 17, 2007
- Iraq: A Religious War – Not, New York Post, Feb. 2, 2007 – Taheri helps define the conflict in Iraq.
- How To Tame the Taliban, Gulf News, Feb. 7, 2007 – What’s going on in Afghanistan, and what forces in Iran and Pakistan want from it.
- Pakistan: The Contradiction of Musharraf’s Strategy, Asharq Alawsat, Feb. 16, 2007 – Pakistan’s policy towards the jihadists.
- There Are Two Visions For the Middle East, Gulf News, Feb. 21, 2007 – It’s more than just the U.S. vs. Iran now. Some countries in the Middle East are taking sides: the GCC states with the U.S. on one side, and Iran and Syria on the other.
Edit 3/6/2009: I’ve updated the above links. I used to get all of my Amir Taheri articles from Benador Associates, but they no longer host them. So I went looking on the net for other sites that had these articles. Some of the sites I reference above are not the news sources I site in this post, but the articles are the same.